Friday, April 15, 2011

The Date is Set

I'd like to say that there were tears and wailing and all those sorts of mushy things, but everyone seemed to be pretty happy to see the back of me... Nah, not really. There weren't any tears, but plenty of hugs - and food, so much food.
After the training finished up on April 1st I had some short leave and went home to Sydney for about a week. I was able to see most people I wanted, unfortunately there's not always enough time for everything. A huge thank you to all who I saw before leaving on a teeny tiny jet plane.


To the family & friends who are off in other parts of Australia, farewell, I'll see you sometime after April 19th 2012.

Departure will be at 3pm on Tuesday April 19th 2011, from Macquarie Wharf No. 3. I'm feeling relief, more than anything, that the date is finally set and the time to go has arrived.

I am now leaving on a boat for a new home, just as my Nonno left Italy all those years ago (or the various convicts from the other side of the family). Can you tell I'm excited about the adventure?

Next stop: Macquarie Island

2 comments:

  1. See you on the other side. Hold off as long as you can on being an elephant seal's bitch :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leon,
    Working out how to do a comment - enjoy the trip.

    The Ewoks

    PS two Ewoks are missing you already

    ReplyDelete