Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Hey Look, there's a Boat!

Damn ship ruined a good shot of a penguin.

Ship, I mean ship. We get in trouble for calling it a boat. The AA is here, resupply is in full swing and we're getting close to done. Still a couple of weeks until home, but in the mean time there's a few days in Hobart for debrief and general milling about and annoying people.

I don't know what's happened over the past week or so since I last posted on this here blog, all I can really say is that I'm tired and it's about time I went home. The year has been amazing with ups, downs, sideways and inside outs, but I'll miss the people here and those who have already left. For those who I didn't keep in anywhere near enough contact with over the year, I'm sorry. If you read the rest of this blog then I think you'll see that I fully immersed myself in life down here and lost a little perspective of life in the real world.

Oh, yeah, now I remember. We had our final dinner last Tuesday, that was the big thing. A great night all round with fresh salads from hydroponics, a main of meat wrapped in more meat and I'm having trouble remembering dessert although I do remember the very sore head I had the next day. A fitting send off.

I may get one more post in before we ship, but if not, hope you've enjoyed the stories and photos and hopefully I'll see you somewhere in the world.

Plonk!

1 comment:

  1. "...lost a little perspective of life in the real world."

    Leon, one way to think of things is that your time on Macquarie Island WAS the real world - for you. The rest of us have had our own 'real world' in the meantime, but don't pine for us, yours has been important to you, and that's what counts :-)

    ReplyDelete