Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Greetings and Salutations

A little over a year ago I found a job advertisement on the Australian Bureau of Meteorology (BOM) website asking for people to go to the Australian bases in Antarctica and on the sub-antarctic Macquarie Island. I made the application and after a long process involving a Big Brother style camp, a psychological interview and an extensive medical check, I somehow got the job. I will spending about a year on Macquarie Island and getting up to as much mischief as I can.

This blog is about all the adventures that occur over the year and please remember, there is no guarantee or schedule as to when any updates will happen.

Feel free to ask questions, I'll answer them if I can.

The next couple of posts will be about the job and other housekeeping information.

4 comments:

  1. YAY Leon! Get up to LOTS of mischief! Speaking of, did you buy the bunny book? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not yet, still not sure if I will... And yeah, plenty of mischief to be had ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How long have you been there so far Leon? Are you in culture shock? Are you awed by the scenery or do you find it it's like solitary confinement?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vittoria, haven't left yet. Currently expecting to leave Hobart on or around April 20th, however that may change very quickly.

    ReplyDelete